Sunday, July 5, 2015

Learning New Things

20 Things I've Learned on This Trip

  1. I love my guitar a lot more than I thought I did. 
  2. Knowing how to say something in three languages but not the language people are speaking is very frustrating.
  3. Kids really like to strum my guitar while I play chords.
  4. Finding out your college roommate while in another country is stressful.
  5. Surprisingly, the wifi seems to work better the farther away from the router you are.
  6. Sometimes you don't need to actually need to get in the pool to cool off, just stick your feet in.
  7. My language skills (and not just my Spanish skills) need some help.
  8. I think I want to take Spanish in college instead of French (shhh I haven't told my mom yet).
  9. Skirts are much more preferable than pants in the tropical heat.
  10. One day of chaos makes the rest seem easy.
  11. Little girls are really good  at putting flowers in your hair.
  12. I still don't like sand and salt water.
  13. Touching up someone else's work is just as important as creating new work yourself.
  14. Having the majority of the Back of the Book memorized can be helpful.
  15. Apparently I can be artistic.
  16. Work comes first, even when you'd rather be playing outside with cute kids.
  17. When boys do something not smart and don't get hurt they will continue doing it until they get hurt, even if others get hurt.
  18. You can learn a lot from someone even when you only speak a little of each other's language.
  19. Don't try shaving at 6:15 in the morning when you're half asleep; it doesn't end well.
  20. Oreos solve all problems. (Okay I already knew this one but I got a new lesson on it.)
~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment